Get notification from completed process back to Revolution??

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Jun 5 21:51:00 EDT 2003

Ok I resolved the issue of lossless rotation of JPEGs by passing off
this job via appleScript to ImageReady. It was a "piece of chapati"
which means even easier than a piece of cake..

(see scripts below)

the next challenge is to try to

a) get feedback from imageReady when the job is finished such that one
can then use that feedback script to  update the photo in Revolution on
screen.

If I add "put the result"  in the main stack script handler... the
message box flashes at me empty (I presume because the applescript is
passed off successfully) and then imageReady is activated, takes a few
seconds to rotate the image and then I can click back on Revolution...
problem is the result has already been passed to Revolution... somehow
I need to get a msg back to revolution that the rotation process is
complete.... anyone know how to do that? (OSX)

presumably I could get the apple script to activate revolution after
passing off the job and imageReady would continue till completion of
process in the background. Since it takes a bit of time, one could use
a "send in" repeat loop to trap for something... but I don't know what
to trap for, since the returned result from the "do as applescript"
statement is sent back to Revolution even before ImageReady  has
completed its task....

i.e. I need a way for revolution to tell ImageReady to yell back to
Revolution: "OK I'm done. now you can refresh the image I just
rotated." My revolution script gets that message and updates the
screen....

====================

Hidden Field named  "rotataAppleScript"

tell application "Finder"
	open ":Volumes:Varuna:TAKA:##file##" using "Volumes:Varuna:TAKA: TAKA
Photo Pre-Op and reserves: Rotate ##angle##"
## path of image to be rotated and path of ImageReady rotation
droplet/app
end tell

StackScript handler:

on rotateImage theAngle
     put fld "rotateApplescript" into tAppleScript
     replace "##file##" with fld "currentImage" in tAppleScript
     replace "##angle##" with theAngle in tAppleScript
     do  tApplescript as AppleScript
    put the result
end rotateImage

and two buttons on the top interface: