External SDK

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Thu Jun 5 10:28:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 07:17  AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> I just went to http://www.metacard.com/get.html and downloaded the
> external samples from there.  I also downloaded metacard to test the
> sample external with and everything worked fine except on OS X you
> need to change the name of the compiled bundle to "external" rather
> than "external.bundle" for it to work with the sample metacard stack.
> Creating externals with these samples has worked in Rev 2.0 as well.

Also remember that on Mac, the binary format used by metacard has
changed from CFM to Mach-O. The programming interface for externals is
the same, I guess, but they will need to be recompiled to work on Rev
2.0.

I remember reading Jeanne is working on some SDK tutorials and such.
How is it coming? :-)

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com