Some little questions about Data Stacks

Fran=?ISO-8859-1?B?5w==?=ois Cuneo francois.cuneo at cuk.ch
Thu Jun 5 04:16:00 EDT 2003

Hello! I have to create an application for Mac and Windows, and I have read
that, from Rob Cozens.

> Salut, François.
>
> Two important points:
>
> 1.  On Windows (& 'nixes, I believe), an application cannot modify
> itself.  So unless your application is static (ie: a presentation
> stack that does not change as a result of user interaction), any
> changeable information must be stored outside of the application
> itself or the app can only run on Mac OS.
>
> So if data is stored in a stack, it must NOT be the main application
> stack NOR a substack thereof.  (Data can also be filed in an external
> file or database.)

I have read all the others mails about the same topic. I think that all is
clear but. Hem. Not all in fact.

So, all my data are in a stack that is not include in the builder. It's
correct? Yes? OK, it works by me... I'm able to open the stack and to save
the modifications, in Windows too.

I have read the Tutorial Independent Study. If I have well understood, the
external stack (with data) must have the".edb" extension?

And please, how to protect the stack with data, in order to prevent any user
to open the stack without to pass by my application. But I want to be able
to open the stack from the app, of course!

Finally, is it possible to open the stack in background to prevent the user
to see it?

Thank you for all your answers.

Friendly

François