setting or HACKING creator codes in OS X

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Jun 4 22:29:01 EDT 2003

Here are the AppleScripts I use, and the price is really good :-)
This one checks the file type & creator of a current file:
tell application "Finder"
	set tFile to choose file
	set tType to the file type of tFile
	set tCrea to the creator type of tFile
	display dialog tFile & return & tType & return & tCrea as string
end tell

And this one will make any changes:
tell application "Finder"
	set tFile to choose file
	set tType to the file type of tFile
	set tCrea to the creator type of tFile
	display dialog "Set file type to:" default answer tType
	set the file type of tFile to text returned of the result
	display dialog "Set creator type to:" default answer tCrea
	set the creator type of tFile to text returned of the result
end tell

have fun,
Sarah