documentation - full text search useful?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Jun 4 19:56:00 EDT 2003

At 9:03 AM -0700 6/4/03, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>I found it. Here's what happened: immediately after launching Rev 2.0, I
>choose "Revolution Documentation" from the Help menu. I get the old
>RevDocs stack (I'm not sure where it is coming from, since I deleted
>older beta versions of 2.0.) If I go into the Finder and double-click
>the RevDocumentation.rev file, I get the message about duplicate stacks
>in memory. I choose "purge" and the new help stack loads. This stack
>does have the "search for" item in the popdown button. Bizarre. Must be
>some path that stored in the licensing stack, yes?

There are paths in the licensing stack... but they're relative paths
(obviously), so I'm not completely sure what's going on. (I probably
wouldn't re-use the old licensing stack, though - the code in it does
change so you might run into compatibility problems using the old one with
a later version of the rest.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/