Detect BSD Libraries installed in OSX?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jun 4 15:26:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 01:56  PM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> I'm afraid I'm not getting this at all (which could be due to the fact
> that I don't know unix).  I've tried the
>
> # which which
>
> and the
>
> /usr/bin/which
>
> calls, and all I get is command not found errors.  Can you tell me
> more about what the unix command would be to determine if the BSD.pkg
> file exists?

Sorry, I was convoluting the issue. To see if BSD.pkg exists, I would
do in transcript:

put there is a folder "/Library/Receipts/BSD.pkg"

The "which" command; I it suggested for something else. On second
thought, the "which" command isn't going to help you. If the command,
e.g. "grep" is on the users path, then you can use shell(). If it's not
on the user's path, then "which" isn't going to help anyways. Never
mind!

BTW I'm not 100% sure what the existence of BSD.pkg means. I think it
means what you are looking for.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com