Strength of Hypercard, ideas for RR

Romain Lafourcade lafourcade.romain at numericable.fr
Wed Jun 4 04:37:02 EDT 2003

Hello,
I've been reading this thread on the HyperCard roots of RR.
I must state that I'm not an experienced scripter, it mean that I never used
any development tool until January 2003 but I remember using some HyperCard
stacks back in 91 and... they were in French.
I don't know how many languages were supported by HC but even if HyperTalk
was still a very accessible English the interface was localized.

Of course Runtime Revolution is not Apple but one must consider that ONLY
english speaking Français or Españoles can have access to RR.

The Education market is quite interesting but since a couple of years and
thanks to the American non-profit organisations and the help of the UNO
there are some schools in non-english speaking countries.

It's maybe too early to think about localizing RR but I think it maybe
useful soon in order to broader RR's user base.

Even the very last version of HyperCard was localized in Japanese...

Romain