What exactly does 'Undo' undo?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Jun 4 02:19:16 EDT 2003

At 7:02 AM -0700 6/2/03, Graham Samuel wrote:
>"The undo command undoes the last action performed by the user.
>Undoable actions include painting actions, deletion of objects,
>moving of controls, and editing actions in a field.
>
>The undo command cannot be used to undo actions performed by a
>script. Only user actions can be undone"
>
>I'm not sure what is meant by a 'user action' in this context and so
>I find it hard to work out where 'undo' will work for me as a
>developer. There is also some information in the 'What's New'
>document for RR2.0, but it doesn't really clarify the issue.
>
>Anyone have any more complete info?

The undo command only works on certain actions: specifically, painting
actions (using the paint tools to paint in an image), deletion of objects
(using the Pointer tool to select an object, then deleting it), moving of
controls (with the Pointer tool), and editing actions in a field (such as
typing, cutting, and pasting).

The undo command also only works on user actions, as opposed to scripted
actions. For example, if you use a script to edit text, the undo command
cannot undo that change, but if the user edits text, you can use undo.
Similarly, if you use the delete command to remove a control, the undo
command cannot be used to restore the control, but if the user chooses the
control and presses Delete, the undo command will undo the action.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/