newbie: OS X and answer file ?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Jun 3 11:00:01 EDT 2003

Hi Tom and Ken and all,

> - I am using "answer file of type" and/or  "answer file with filter"
> along with
> parameters like "JPEG" or "JPEGPICT" or "GIFf" or "JPEGPICTGIFf" to try
> to display to the user a directory listing in which only directories
> and files
> of those graphics types are displayed.

Tom is totally right here :-)

The syntax is correct, but some jpgs are dimmed and some are not.

answer file "sdsdsdd" with filter "*.jpg"

does not work at all on OS X (not that that would have surprised me ;-)

answer file "sddsd" of type "JPEG"

really shows some files and others not...

Can anybody shed some light on this, please?

But looks like:

answer file "sdsdsdd" with filter "GIFf"

for gif-files works as exspected.

!!! Please note the correct spelling:
capital G, I, F but a small f at the end!!!

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de

P.S.
I also tried: ... of type "JFIF", no chance...