Books on Rev

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 2 19:28:06 EDT 2003

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 12:07  PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Agreed. No traditional publisher will touch this until there is a
> demonstrated large enough user base. But, there are some
> 'untraditional'
> publishers, using POD (Publish on Demand) technology (ex.
> www.publishamerica.com) who might sell copies of a RR book online 'as
> orders
> come in.'
>
> Just a thought,
>
> Chipp
>

>> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> Rev is in the "transition period" (or to use the better term,
>> preparing to
>> "cross the chasm"), and during this period we have the common
>> catch-22 with
>> regard to books:  the market may be too small just yet to cinch a
>> deal with
>> a publisher, but indeed growth could be accelerated if there was a
>> book.

Hi,

I've just started learning to use Rev and consider myself one who would
benefit from having a Rev book that had an index, code examples, a
possible lexicon section, keyword search, and possible use of graphical
examples. I have spent the last few years experimenting on a
relational-text-gathering-system for study guides and other learning
tools. I have built a way to deliver a book in my own powerful e-book
technology that allows for 128 AES encryption, limited copy protection,
keyword search, a navigate capable index, and the most powerful
feature, the relational-text-gathering-system. I would be willing to
build and publish a book on Rev now if the experts and authors that are
looking for a publisher were willing to work with me on it. This
technology would have a very strong protection scheme and could be
purchased from a website that handles on-line transactions and royalty
splits. I have published a book in this format already as well as the
printed version. Because of my experience publishing printed books I
would not be interested in going down that road at this time. This is a
possible way to get my hands on a book sooner rather than later.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Mark Brownell
Gizmotron Graphics
http://www.gizmotron.org/ebook