Books on Rev

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 15:33:01 EDT 2003

--- Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
> Chipp Walters wrote:
>
> > Agreed. No traditional publisher will touch this
> until there is a
> > demonstrated large enough user base. But, there
> are some 'untraditional'
> > publishers, using POD (Publish on Demand)
> technology (ex.
> > www.publishamerica.com) who might sell copies of a
> RR book online 'as orders
> > come in.'
>
> And a good one for self-publishing.  Anyone want to
> get into the book
> business? I'm still on board for a chapter.....
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

And that entrpreneur can chalk me up for a chapter on
database connectivity, if he/she'd like.
I'd do it in 3 parts:
- The basics : connecting to databases, defining
queries, how to hook up controls to a query
- Intermediate : a step-by-step guide to a
master-detail form, thereby touching dynamic queries
- Advanced : updating with a click on an OK button
instead of after a closeField, using revdb functions
directly, and how to learn more about the undocumented
features in the revDatabase script

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====