Active X support

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jun 2 13:54:02 EDT 2003

Jacqueline,

Your are correct: that is exactly how one would implement ActiveX with
MC/RR. Keep it out of the core engine source code. But, as mentioned
previously, it would take some time. Chris estimates about a month
(including testing) for a basic implementation. So, if any individual wants
to commission an ActiveX DLL? (Tuviah could possibly do it also, schedule
permitting).

He also said that ActiveX has been mentioned as legacy technology by
Microsoft.NET (COM theoretically doesn't exist anymore in the .NET
architecture) -- it's unsure how it will be supported in the future...

I think Tuviah is right on with his comments. The cost of development + the
cost of support could become very expensive for RR. Let's all remember, RR
is a small company, trying to eek (?) out a living in an area where
traditionally most all others have failed. It is imperative for them to
optimize their development dollars on features which benefit all or most of
their customers.

-Chipp