mpossible to save

Heather Williams heather at runrev.com
Mon Jun 2 03:48:15 EDT 2003

>> What is this ' ~ backup file', and where is it?
> ----------
> I still think it expects you to open a backup copy of your stack, but it
> needs to be in the right path for 2.0 to find it, and apparently isn't.

Revolution attaches a ~ to files it has had problems saving to. What happens
then is that it reverts to the last clean save it made, and attachs a ~ to
the problem stack. So remove the ~, and it should open again. You may have
lost a few very recent changes.

But Ken is totally correct also, in that it is good practice, always, in any
programming environment or indeed in any program you create work in, to make
frequent backups.

Regards,

Heather

--