mpossible to save

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Jun 1 15:07:01 EDT 2003

**********
> Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 17:49:25 +0200
> Subject: Impossible to save
> From: Emmanuel Companys <mcompanys at mac.com>
>
> I my post I forgot to say that after I close the alert "can't save
> ...", a file RR icon shows up with the title of the stack followed by
> the characters
> ß.rev~
> Then if I click on this icon I get
> a) if  the RR program is not open :   "L'application Revolution a
> quitté inopinément" ("The application Revolution has unexpectedly
> quitted")
> b) if Revolution is open: "Unable to open stack: stack is corrupted,
> check for ~ backup file."
>
> What is this ' ~ backup file', and where is it?
If you didn't create a backup file then there isn't one. RR assumes you have
the *standard practice* of making frequent backups, which you should be
doing as a matter of course throughout the development process. If your
stack gets corrupted during development, you can revert to the last backup
and lose only what you've done since then, rather than losing the whole
banana.

HTH,
Ken N.