The Case For A RunRev Player (was "Stack and Substacks")

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Jun 1 09:48:56 EDT 2003

>Revolution makes this so easy and it only adds about 2MB for the runtime.

Bill, et al:

That's 2MB per app.  Every standalone for the same platform will
contain much the same contents.

And that's 2 extra MB of bandwidth you must use every time you
rebuild and redistribute your app.  My largest stack so far
(Serendipity Library) is around 800 K.  The stacks I might use to
build standalones are generally less than 500 K; so there's 4-5 times
as much data to send if the stack is built into an app.

Also, as I noted in my first post, one can forget about having to
tweak your stack design because a standalone can't save itself.

And I liked having one window that took me to any of my most-used
stacks at the click of a button.  How else does one visually
integrate multiple, possibly interrelated, applications?

--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company