Questions about licensing

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Thu Jul 31 14:16:00 EDT 2003

>1. If I buy the express license is this for just 1
>year ? Can I still
>continue to develop after the year expires with the
>version I paid for
>or does it just cease to work? Am I entitled to new
>fixes/versions in
>that year ?

It will continue to work. I forget exactly what you get as far as updates, but I believe it's all minors updates, and 1 major update.

>2. I read somewhere that when the evaluation
>edition expires after 30
>days it reverts to a "free" edition with script
>length limits, is this
>true ?

This is no longer true. Now it's simply a 30-day trial.

>3. With the express license is there any way of
>turning off the "built
>with revolution" popup at the end? Or at least
>change it to my own
>picture? (I notice the pics are in a rev
>subdirectory so Im wondering if
>they can be replaced or removed).

You might be able to, but the license probably restricts you from doing so.

>I'm tempted to go for the express license but I'm
>just as tempted to
>stick with my free edition of 2.0.1 (or even 1.1.1)
>with script length
>limits - it seems fairly stable. Answers to these
>questions may help
>make up my mind. Thanks in advance.

I had some doubts about the new licensing scheme when it first came out, but after looking everything over, made the decision to go ahead and get the Studio version, since I can't stand the idea of the exit screen. I see that as a major problem for the Express Version, esopecially when it goes to full price in September.