Proposal - the use-revolution list

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 31 13:36:01 EDT 2003

On 7/31/03 12:54 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> I'm no expert on Web forums but have some observations.  IMO, a "best of
> both worlds" solution would be to have a Web based board that sends email.
> For myself, the appeal of email (as opposed to a forum) is that I don't have
> to go searching for new messages, determine what I've read and what I
> haven't, make sure I respond in the correct folder, etc.

I have to agree. Web boards are slow and tedious, they take far longer
to load into my browser than email takes to arrive, and I don't have the
time to click-and-load a bunch of folders and messages. If I get busy, I
never sign on. On the other hand, my email gets sorted as it arrives in
my inbox and I can quickly scan through the resulting list. I am much
less likely to participate in a web forum.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com