Fix to distribution builder available

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Thu Jul 31 06:57:01 EDT 2003

Sarah, Alex
On Donnerstag, Jul 31, 2003, at 05:28 Europe/Vienna, Alex Rice wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 08:54  PM, Sarah wrote:
>
>> Hi Wolfgang,
>>
>> I had a look at your screen shots and it seemed that you may not have
>> gone deep enough into the OS X package contents. Did you check in all
>> the sub-folders of the package to see if your sub-stacks where hidden
>> further down the hierarchy?
>
> I agree that's what it looks like. Wolfgang- I build apps on OS X and
> distribute them to coworkers for testing. No problem. I've been doing
> it since Rev 1.1.1.
FOA thank for your help...
But, imho that cant be the problem, because its builded fine for the
not so intuitiv Linux. I have no idea about that OS...?
Do I really have to go deep into OSX/unix to build a distribution with
rev..?
Does this help me to save the problem with the coyright and the icons
which are lost or not installed?

But the most important point is, that it worked fine, like expected,
with rev 2.0...
http://www.internettrainer.com/9files/revolution/OSX_2.0.png

> I humbly suggest: the problem may be that you haven't learned enough
> about app bundles on OS X. I recommend for everyone building on OS X
> to learn the layout of application bundles on OS X. It is in your
> control using just the Finder and a text editor! Therefore it should
> not prevent you from building OS X apps and distributing them in an
> application bundle that meets your exact requirements.

Maybe you are right, but do I have to do this to work with rev?
I m very, very patient... but once, after years of waiting I would like
to have a tool which does one of his main features,  without forcing me
to graduate in Unix...;)

> Here is a shell script I use to create my custom app bundle after the
> RR IDE finishes it's build. Note that everything in the script could
> be done with the Finder by hand instead.  One step that is not shown
> in the shell script is editing the XML file
> build/NPSFacCalc/FacilityCalculator.app/Info.plist. It can be edited
> with a text editor or with the Apple Property List Editor (in dev
> tools). The Info.plist is what contains the get-info and version
> information for the app.
>
> Hope this helps --Alex
Thanks a lot for that, i m not familiar with that, but I ll have a look
at it.

Finally why I have bought rev and not MC some years ago... - the easier
UI it was... - was it that..?

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539