Inexcusable? (Was Re: Rev 2.0.2 is availalble)

Heather Williams heather at runrev.com
Thu Jul 31 04:21:00 EDT 2003

> Message: 13
> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:24:27 -0400
> Subject: Re: Inexcusable? (Was Re: Rev 2.0.2 is availalble)
> From: Donald Watson <hyperdon at earthlink.net>
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>

> On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 02:24 PM, Alex Rice wrote:
>>
>> Yep I got mine. I'll append the message sans the unlock code. I don't
>> see what the fuss is about. The message says exactly what is going on.
>> Maybe the poster who thinks it is "inexcusable" has not yet got their
>> message from RR?
>>

> Alex,
>
> This was not the point of my original posting. By the way the poster
> who thinks it is inexcusable ( namely me ) has a name. ; ) In fact I
> had not yet received my unlock code. The point I was trying to make was
> that the information concerning what old license category would be
> replaced with which new category and at what price has not been
> forthcoming. Or has everyone else received that information by divine
> absorption as well.
>
> If Rev were the only tool required to do my job I guess I wouldn't give
> a flip. Truth is I need to stay within a fixed budget in order to be
> able to upgrade all the tools I require as well as perhaps new
> hardware. I don't appreciate being kept in the dark on this matter,
> makes for budget problems that I don't need.

Gentlemen. I appreciate there is always room for improvement in the way we
handle things. I'm sorry some of you are less than happy with the situation.
Some of the blame for this rests with me, rather than Runtime collectively.
I have missed some work due to personal issues, in addition to attending
MacWorld, and this means many of you have not received individual responses
yet regarding the new pricing policies. My backlog has reached monumental
proportions, and however hard I try, I simply cannot answer 1000 emails in
one day.

We do care very much about our existing customers, and greatly appreciate
the patience you have shown. If you have not yet received your new unlock
code for 2.0.2, and you think you should have, I suggest that in order for
me to fasttrack these enquires, you email me (again if you have already done
so previously) with the subject line "Missing New Unlock Code" in the title
of the email.

Further information about upgrades for expired licensees will be forthcoming
very shortly.

Once again, my apologies.

Regards,

Heather