Fix to distribution builder available

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jul 30 22:35:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 08:54  PM, Sarah wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I had a look at your screen shots and it seemed that you may not have
> gone deep enough into the OS X package contents. Did you check in all
> the sub-folders of the package to see if your sub-stacks where hidden
> further down the hierarchy?

I agree that's what it looks like. Wolfgang- I build apps on OS X and
distribute them to coworkers for testing. No problem. I've been doing
it since Rev 1.1.1.

I humbly suggest: the problem may be that you haven't learned enough
about app bundles on OS X. I recommend for everyone building on OS X to
learn the layout of application bundles on OS X. It is in your control
using just the Finder and a text editor! Therefore it should not
prevent you from building OS X apps and distributing them in an
application bundle that meets your exact requirements.

Here is a shell script I use to create my custom app bundle after the
RR IDE finishes it's build. Note that everything in the script could be
done with the Finder by hand instead.  One step that is not shown in
the shell script is editing the XML file
build/NPSFacCalc/FacilityCalculator.app/Info.plist. It can be edited
with a text editor or with the Apple Property List Editor (in dev
tools). The Info.plist is what contains the get-info and version
information for the app.

Hope this helps --Alex

--
#!/bin/sh

# copy the binary executable
cp
build/Standalone_MacOSX_FacilityCa/FacilityCalculator.app/Contents/
MacOS/Revolution \

build/NPSFacCalc/FacilityCalculator.app/Contents/MacOS/
FacilityCalculator

# copy the revclips external
cp -R revclips.bundle \
     build/NPSFacCalc/FacilityCalculator.app/Contents/MacOS

# copy into place the revxml external
cp -R build/Standalone_MacOSX_FacilityCa/revxml.bundle \
     build/NPSFacCalc/FacilityCalculator.app/Contents/MacOS

# copy folder of supporting CLIPS files
cp -R clips-models \
     build/NPSFacCalc/FacilityCalculator.app/Contents/MacOS

# copy folder with more supporting files
cp -R data \
     build/NPSFacCalc/FacilityCalculator.app/Contents/MacOS

# remove extra files
rm
build/NPSFacCalc/FacilityCalculator.app/Contents/MacOS/data/UserData.rev
rm
build/NPSFacCalc/FacilityCalculator.app/Contents/MacOS/clips-models/*~

# launch the app when I'm done
open build/NPSFacCalc/FacilityCalculator.app

--

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com