Question on .rev file format

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jul 30 21:44:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 03:34  AM, Joel Rees wrote:
> How about using the sandbox pattern from CVS -- each developer has
> his/her own copy of everything he/she wants to look at and changes are
> only registered on commits. If there is a conflict, the management
> system refuses the commit and shows the committer where the conflict is
> so the committer can fix it.

> Figuring out what constitutes a conflict may require somewhat unique
> algorithms, I suppose.

That's the thing about CVS and binary files though. The best CVS could
tell you is you and this other person both changed binary file X. No
further information is available.

I second the notion that we need a "diff" tool that works on stacks,
cards, other objects in the IDE.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com