Inexcusable? (Was Re: Rev 2.0.2 is availalble)

Donald Watson hyperdon at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 30 15:57:00 EDT 2003

From: Donald Watson <hyperdon at earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Jul 30, 2003  4:50:30 PM America/Detroit
To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
Subject: Re: Inexcusable? (Was Re: Rev 2.0.2 is availalble)

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 01:38 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I would go just a step further: I would call it merely suboptimal.  ;)

perhaps if we get a few more responses on this it can be downgraded to
*user error*

> Given the many details no doubt involved in the MetaCard acquisition
> and the
> MacWorld trip right on its heels, these sorts of suboptimal things seem
> understandable.  Since the focus of any conference is getting new
> customers,
> it seems reasonable that would be their priority at the time.

What in the world does this have to do with anything? The point I am
trying to make is that posting the information concerning
reclassification of licenses and renewal info for current customers
*should* have been done at the same time. In fact, I expected this list
to get the news first.

> To RunRev's credit they did post a note here before MacWorld requesting
> patience and letting us know they'd resolve upgrade questions when
> they got
> back.

Posting a request for patience and disseminating the information to the
current users first is not the same.

> In practical terms, the only people even potentially affected
> materially was
> the small subset of licensees whos expiration date fell between the
> 2.0.2
> announcement and now, a span of two weeks out of 52.
>
> Patience, Grasshopper....

Richard, IMO rev users in general have shown a great deal of patience
with both the company and the products. We have been very patient about
bugs that won't go away, very late upgrades, builder windows with no
buttons, no published manuals, and other failures to numerous to still
be in my collective consciousness.