OT - Rev XML terms--tutorials

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Jul 30 00:31:00 EDT 2003

I am slowly familiarizing myself with XML as a "must know" subject..

In reading through XML tutorials and the Annotated XML Specification at
xml.com, I do not find any reference any where to the word "node" which
we see throughout the Rev XML library.  I suspect this is a synonym for
some standard XML term...

Question 1: What is an XML node?

Question 2:  (OT)  for the complete XML newbie...  what is your
recommendation to get up to speed... with such a vast number or
resources on the web and tons of books... its hard to focus....

TIA

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery