Question on .rev file format

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Jul 29 19:20:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 05:27  PM, Steve Gehlbach wrote:

> In general, binary source code formats are the bane of the Linux world.

Steve, I agree that not being able to use CVS or Subversion is a huge
issue for some folks.

However: the .rev file format is not just source code. A .rev file can
contain images, movie and sound clips, and binary data (custom
properties). So I guess "stack != source code" is the best way to
describe it.

As for how we got into this situation I cannot answer :-) One of the
xtalk old-timers could speak to that.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com