How do I internalize an image source?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jul 29 16:09:03 EDT 2003

> How can I switch internalised sources without creating new image objects,
> as always happens (AFAIK) when one uses the 'import' command,
> i.e. how can
> I copy a picture (say a GIF) from one image to another without
> maintaining
> an external file reference in the second image and without creating a
> completely fresh image? I want to do this so as to maintain the custom
> props etc of a specific object while changing what the user sees on the
> screen, without having to install external files along with my
> app.

I'm not quite following what you're trying to avoid here: do you just want
to prevent having two image objects that include the same data?  If so, you
can use a button to reference images by setting the icon of the button to
the id of whatever image you want.  Disable all the visual properties of the
button (threeD, autoHilite, border, etc) and you have an object that can act
as a viewer for internal images.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director