Step over still not fixed in 2.02

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Jul 29 14:42:01 EDT 2003

>Message: 12
>Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:38:31 -0600
>Subject: Re: Step over still not fixed in 2.02
>From: Alex Rice <alrice at ARCplanning.com>
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>

>On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 12:03  PM, Jim Hurley wrote:
>
>>  I must say I am very disappointed that the Step Over feature of the
>>  debugger has not been fixed in 2.02
>>
>>  For me, the debugger is not usable until that is corrected. It was the
>>  only *serious* problem I had with 2.01.
>
>Jim, I've been using the Step Over function of the debugger quite a
>lot, in v2.0.1. The debugger is definitely usable for me. Not without
>it's quirks, but usable. Must be something particular about your script
>if it's not usable at all for you.
>
>I remember seeing a post something about a recursive handler or
>something. I don't see anything in bugzilla from you. Have you filed a
>bugzilla report on this? Attach a stack or script that the debugger
>fails on as well.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Alex Rice, Software Developer
>Architectural Research Consultants, Inc.
>http://ARCplanning.com

Alex,

Actually a number of people have mentioned this problem on this list,
and several others have also remarked on the fact that the bug had
been reported.

I guess a lot depends on what kind of scripts one is debugging. If
there is extensive use of user-defined handlers, it is a nightmare
trying to wade through a nested set of routines. It is somewhat
quixotic. Some handlers it will step over and some it will not. Very
frustrating.

For this reason, I have stuck with 1.1.1, waiting for this fix.

Jim