Cursor Question about Transparency

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 29 13:29:01 EDT 2003

Ken Ray wrote:

>> Here is how I do transparency for cursor:
>>
>> 1) Create a black and white image in
>> Photoshop/ImageReady/Fireworks/etc.
>> 2) All areas that are going to be transparent I assign a
>> color like Red.
>> 3) When exporting I select Red to be the transparent color.
>> I export as png.
>> 4) Import the image into Rev and you should be able to use it
>> as a cursor with transparency intact.
>
> Does this work for you on OS 9, OS X and Windows? I tried the same thing
> and got an inverted cursor on one of the platforms...

The only reliable method I've found for generating GIFs with the proper
color order is to rely on Scott Raney: after importing the image, just edit
one pixel and change it back.  This forces the image to recompress and, as
Scott sez, the engine always uses the correct color order.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation