copying multiple styled text flds?

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Tue Jul 29 11:50:18 EDT 2003

Greetings

I'm trying to copy text from several flds together and maintain their
formatting. The text may be English, Japanese unicode, or Greek each with
unique font, color, style and size.

setting the clipboarddata["htmltext"] to the htmltext of each fld in turn
and then setting the htmltext of the target fld to the clipboarddata["html"]
does not preserve the formatting.

If I simply get the htmltext of a line in one of the flds, it does not
return the textfont or other attributes in the information, it simply has
the <p> markers surrounding the lines of text. I thought the htmltext would
contain all the formatting information.

If the answer is that it only returns what is different from a default
setting, please tell me how to get the full formatting information from a
given text fld thru the htmltext property. I have tried setting the fld
textfont, setting the text textfont, before and after importing the text to
the flds.

Thanks
Ron