Newbie - MainStack Question

Brian K. Maher plsntbreez at mac.com
Mon Jul 28 07:04:06 EDT 2003

Hi Folks,

I am new to Revolution (but have done development for a long time in
many languages).

I am trying to understand the best way to design a database application
using Revolution.

I have noticed that handlers in the main stack (i.e. in the Stack
script) are automatically seen by all sub stacks.

For example, an openStack handler in the main stack will be invoked
when a sub stack opens and has no openStack handler of its own.

This is leading me to question whether I should (or want to) use the
main stack for anything other than generic handlers that my application
needs.  I am thinking about simply making the main stack invisible and
using only sub stacks for my applications windows.

Can anyone give me any insights on this?  Am I missing something here?

Thanks, Brian Maher