UTF8 and Google API

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 02:21:01 EDT 2003

At 12:37 am -0600 28/7/03, Alex Rice wrote:
>I'm playing around with Google APIs and it says that all requests
>are supposed to be UTF-8 encoded. Funny thing is, it works if I use
>normal text encoding, but get a 500 server error if I attempt to UTF
>encode it first. Any ideas?
>
>-- in revSoap library, revSoapRpcRequest function
>
>-- this causes 500 server error
>post uniEncode(tSOAPEnvelope, "UTF8") to url pUrl
>-- this works fine
>post tSOAPEnvelope to url pUrl

I've no knowledge of Google APis, but I'm guessing it doesn't work
because you're encoding the xml tags and not just the data elements
of the xml.

I'm also guessing it works without utf-8 encoding because your data
contains nothing outside of the basic ASCII character set.

A lot of guessing on a Monday morning. :)

Cheers
Dave