Copying an image from a stack

Graham graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 27 05:38:00 EDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:39:37 +0200, Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

> > Anyway my real question is, if I can see an image in a stack while
> > under development,
> > how can I export it to another program?
>
>You can always "put img xxx into url"bin if its really a
>gif ;-)

Well, I'd just like it to go on the clipboard by point-and-click action,
like other stuff I do in the IDE. Not possible?

> > OT PS: I am not enjoying learning ImageReady to create my own animated
> > GIFs.
Stuff after this is OT, except that it speaks of a GUI that always
surprises the heck out of me, which is the opposite of Dan Shafer's dictum
given on the list yesterday

>Never surprise the user.

I agree that a surprised user is a distressed user, because I'm distressed!
I guess I have never understood the 'universe of discourse' (a phrase a
friend of mine used to use a lot) of Photoshop and its ilk.

>Yeah, ImageReady gifs are going well with MC/RR.
>Be sure to uncheck "optimize" or "optimized", RR could choke on that
>feature... ;-)

How? On my copy of ImageReady (version 2.0) there is only one flavour of
animated GIF - the optimized one. If you don't use 'Save Optimized' then
the file gets written in Photoshop format... I know this is OT, but I'm
frustrated. There seems to be deep confusion between layers and frames, and
it appears that a layer can 'have' several frames, while a frame can 'have'
several layers! Just selecting all the frames to make black the transparent
color (for example) turns out to be impossible or massively counterintuitive...

> > The Help system appears to have been written by someone living in a
> > different
> > universe from the one I'm in... ah well.
>
>Don't need no stinking help system :-D

In the days of manuals I used to read the whole thing from cover to cover
before even installing the software (yes, SuperCard, Excel, MS Word, you
name it). That way, I had trace memories of all the app's features, even if
I couldn't remember exactly how to use them. I miss that opportunity with
RunRev, which is why I will buy the printed docs.

Back to the grindstone.

Graham