Debugger Variable Watcher

LynnP333 at aol.com LynnP333 at aol.com
Sat Jul 26 21:18:01 EDT 2003

Sorry folks... Adendum to that earlier query...
If I make a new stack, the debugger works fine showing the variable values in
the variable watcher.
Where I'm having problems is with an import of a HyperCard stack. I'm editing
a text field which is part of a background group, if that makes a difference.
All non-compatible HC scripts have been commented out. What's not working is
a pretty straigh tforward text field script ie:
       get the clickLine
       put word 2 of the clickLine into x
      put line x of bkgnd field "fldItem" into r

The variable watcher makes no changes to x or r
I'd hate to write this puppy from scratch.<g!>

Lynn P.