Newbie - MainStack Question

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Jul 26 10:40:01 EDT 2003

>Wouldn't even be better to avoid these workarounds completely be
>simply using the main stack as a generic routine holder?

Brian,

First, I don't consider placing the mainStack's preOpenStack &
openStack handlers in the first group or card to be opened to be a
work around: it is simply an illustration of placing handlers at the
most appropriate point in the message hierarchy.

IMFO, the best place for generic routines is a library stack that
other stacks start using.  This makes them available to all stacks
that need them, not just the single mainStack.

And if you mean "generic to the mainStack & it's subStacks" instead
of generic across two or more mainstacks, doesn't moving the
openStack handler to the card or group script accomplish exactly that?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company