Can't purge a stack

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Fri Jul 25 12:14:01 EDT 2003

I've got a open document routine that checks to see if the document being opened is in an older version of my doc format, and if it is, it creates a new document and imports all the data from the old document into the new.

The problem I am running into is that the last thing I want to do is remove the old document from memeory, rename the new document to the name of the old document, then save the new document over the old one.

The documents are actually stacks, and I am running into a wierd problem. The old document is set to Purge Stack on Close, and Purge Window on Close, and it's  Can't Delete is set the false. I am even using the Delete command to close it...but it's still there. During debugging I can even see that it's still in the application broswer, and it's selectable there.

How can I get revolution to actually remove it from memeory????