ungrouping

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Fri Jul 25 10:51:02 EDT 2003

Sannyasin,

I feel your pain!  If I understand the problem correctly there is a
solution.  :-)

FIrst copy the stack as it is and leave the original in a safe place
just incase this doesn't work.

There are two possible ways to deal with this.

1.  Go to the Second deepest nested grp using the edit grp btn of the
rev tools bar. Select the group you want to remove.  Make sure  that
grps selection handles are showing. (You are not editing it yet.)  Cut
the grp from its current owner.  Select the browse tool.  Now select
the pointer and click the main group. Click the edit button of the Rev
toolbar.  Paste the wayward group.

2.  This method requires that you disassemble all the groups containing
your wayward group. Go to the SECOND deepest nested grp using the edit
grp btn of the rev tools bar. Select the group you want to remove. Make
sure  that grp's selection handles are showing AND the no other objects
or groups are selected. Now click the group button of the tools menu.
When this btn is used with a group it ungroups all the objects. to
dthis as many times as you need to reduce the mess to individual
objects.  Then reassemble your stack.

Before you do this be sure to copy any group scripts that you have
written for the grp.  Once you ungrp it that script will transcend this
plain of exsistence.  :-)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South
Escanaba, MI 49829
www.messimercomputing.com
--

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 09:11 AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> GRP: Base controls
>   		field FirstName
> 		Field Last Name
> 		btn: "Listing"
> 		etc. (some 40+ more controls)
>
> Now, undoubtedly my ineptitude created this situation, but it seems
> that somehow the interface shouldn't allow one to get into such a
> fix... or at least provide an easy way out. If one tries to edit the
> interior group and paste these back into "Base controls" group... all
> data on all cards is lost, even though Base Controls is placed on all
> cards..

Macintosh G-4 OSX 10.2.5, OS 9.2.2, 512MB RAM, Rev 2.0 fc1