Move along path animation/bezier curves

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Jul 24 13:04:00 EDT 2003

> go stack url
> "http://www.himalayanacademy.com/studyhall/yamas_niyamas/
> Yamas_and_Niyamas.rev"
>
> It demonstrates a lot of relatively simple stuff.

Jim wrote:

Sannyasin,
Dazzling application!
How do you get that dove to fly? It is listed in the application
overview as just a single image.
Jim

===

Well I don't know how "dazzling" it is.. but anyway.. glad you enjoyed
it. The dove is a stationary animated GIF. To make it move like that we
did the following, which is a bit of a work around, because of the
inability of Rev to do smooth Bezer curves.

a) Make line graphic which will serve as the path you want the object
to move along. could be any straight line... in this case, to make it
appear the bird was flying naturally I had to use another stack made by
Alexjandro (??) called "BezierLine1-1.rev" to generate a smooth path
that approximated the flight path of the bird.
b) copy that object into the stack
c) turn the vis of that graphic false (hide)
d) then use "move the dove along the points of grc dovePath"
e) and tweaked the starting point to match the corner of the button
that shows the artwork and then move the two simultaneously to make it
appear like the bird is bringing the picture into the card... the
scripts are there in the stack script.

All of the above is trivial to implement... actually the toughest thing
was getting the bezier curve! unfortunately you can draw a vector
graphic  in any other application and then import this into Rev.... a
serious drawback for Rev which i hope will get to close to the top of
the list of new needed features.

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery