Keeping a palette visible when clicking on Finder

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jul 24 11:28:01 EDT 2003

Hi Malte,

> Hi List,
>
> one more question.
> I have a mainstack that loads several stacks and uses one of it as a
> pallette window. When I click on the finder, the palette Window
> disappears
> (The main stack remains visible) and returns if I click on the
> mainstack
> again. Well even though this is the behaviour I expected I need to
> keep the
> palette visible while the finder is active. I can´t make that stack the
> mainstack of my app, as it needs to save. :-(
>
> Any ideas?

Hmm, maybe adding some "suspendstack" and "resumestack" handlers to
your stacks that will "palette xxx" on resumestack and "toplevel xxx"
on suspendstack?

Quick thought, not tested... ;-)

That may require to make a custom "palette"-look (decorations set to
tempty)
so noone will notice your trick, since toggling window types will flash
a bit... :-)

> Regards,
>
> Malte

Hope that helps.