Consistent crash during card/stack printing

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jul 23 20:16:03 EDT 2003

> I posted a note about a four card stack with a player object on each
> page that, in WindowsXP, would print the pages but with only the
> borders of the player objects (none of the content - either first frame
> of the movie or a jpeg, whichever I had assigned to the player object).
>
> I moved the stack over to OSX and now the stack crashes consistently
> when I issue the "print card" command. I can preceed it with the "open
> printing" command but it makes no difference.
>
> I tried removing the player object and, instead, used an image object
> from which I referenced a jpeg on the hard drive. This time it printed
> fine.
>
> I then removed the image object and replaced it with a fresh player
> object, linked the object to a movie on disk (for which the object
> showed the first frame). I printed again and crashed Rev.
>
> Seems we have a very nasty problem here. Any ideas or suggestions? I
> will not know whether the user will link to an image or a movie so the
> QT player object was going to be the solution. Perhaps not...

I can confirm the printing issue in XP. Get the crash log from OS X and post
it to bugzilla. I've never tried printing a player before. Perhaps it's not
supported? If so then it's a docs bug. Worst case scenario you could create
a snapshot of the player then hide the player before printing.

Regards

Monte