perl regex modifiers

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jul 23 17:34:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 04:05  PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 03:14 PM, Alex Rice wrote:
>
>> What Perl regex modifiers does RR support?
>
> Ken Ray pointed us to this:
>
> http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6.1/pod/perlre.html
>
> I have been using that.  You have to hop over the Perl specific parts.
>
> Dar

Thanks Dar- "g" is a valid modifier for Perl matches and substitutions
like

$fu =~ s/match/replace/g; # replaces all instances of match in $fu

I expect "(?g)" to work as a modifier based on what the Transcript Docs
say.

I know Perl and have the O'Reilly Book "Mastering Regular Expressions".
  I don't claim to have actually mastered them but.. :-)

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com