Beginner in Revolution

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Jul 23 11:12:01 EDT 2003

Hi Deivy,

>There is this agenda stack that I made with  HC that I am trying to
>port to Revolution. I'll use the opportunity to learn Revolution.

Note that there are two important nuances between a "native"
Revolution stack and a Rev stack created by opening and saving a
HyperCard stack:  check out the stack properties, HCAddressing &
dynamicPaths.  If you import HC stacks but want them to behave
exactly like native RR stacks, you MUST change these properties

>The info on Revolution and manuals available very, very skimpy to
>say the list.

You may have found info on where to get info or manuals skimpy; but I
doubt you will be able to say that about the actual documentation,
printed or electronic.  The problem is not that the information is
not available, but rather that the complexity of the subject & mass
of the documentation is so great.

I suggest the tutorials as a good place to start.  With your
HyperCard experience, most everything except menus & multiple
backgrounds should be old hat.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company