quit

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jul 23 06:37:00 EDT 2003

Bonjour Yves,

> Hi
>
> i work on Mac OS X
>
> The quit menu is in the application menu
> I don't find how I can trap the message "quit" when the user select
> this item ???
>
> I've written
>
> on quit
>    -- doStuff
> end quit
>
> doens'nt work
>
> I work on a French system and like to replace the "quit" menu with
> "quitter"
> Don't find how ???

I am not sure, but i don't think that you can trap "quit" per se.

Two ideas from out of my head:

1. Write your own "quit"-handler a la:

on good_bye
   ### do your stuff
   quit
end good_bye

And put this into the script of your menu-bar item "Quit"...

2. Maybe "closestackrequest" will work for you...
(deja vu? ;-)

You could inset a buttons script into front that can handle "close...."
so it will work with every stack that is going to be closed.
Which is of course the case when the user quits :-)

Hope that helps...

> Thank you
> Greetings.
> Yves COPPE