Corrupted stack

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Tue Jul 22 16:50:03 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 23:12, Jim Hurley wrote:
> Ouch!  I lost a stack while working in 2.0
>
> The stack still appears on my hard drive and is 572 K  in size. So
> there is something there.
>
> I  tried to open it in RR 1.1.1 and I got a message "Stack corrupted;
> check for ~ backup."
>
> I searched my drive for a tilde file and found nothing.
>
> I'm afraid I've been spoiled by RR's reliability and took no precautions.
>
> Any ideas on recovery?
>
> Depressed,
>
> Jim

Try to see if a temporary backup issue of the corrupted stack is still
available on the hard disk. If yes, save a copy of this stack and try to
reopen it, directly. Test the revert command too of the corrupted stack.
Both this methods have only chance to work if you did'nt quit the RR
session along witch the stack has been saved in its actual corrupted
state.

If this don't work, try to restore the stack in searching among the
temporary files you can see on your hard drive in using tools like
"Norton Utilites".

Hope this can help.
--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Serveurs d'applications & bases ACID SQL
Penser et produire l'avantage compétitif