Rev killing the Mac platform?

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Tue Jul 22 11:09:03 EDT 2003

Just in case you haven't given this more thought, the Studio edition
pricing seems to indicate that if I wish to develop on the Mac but do
any final "tweaks" to my Windows distribution, I must do it on my Mac.
Currently I have Rev installed on both my Mac -and- my PC. Of course,
as I have a KVM switch, I only use one installation at any given time
(therefore I am staying within my current licensing). When I need to
tweak a distribution for the PC, I often find it easier to simply move
the project over to the PC and do the final development for that
platform over there. The new pricing structure would seem to preclude
this.

So my question to the Rev crew is this: If I renew (SBE - to - Studio),
will my reg# be functional for both the Mac and PC IDE versions or are
you forcing me to choose?

With Macs at under 4% of the market, guess what I'll have to choose?
Apple would not be pleased.

Barry