Rev 2.02/New pricing

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Mon Jul 21 21:15:01 EDT 2003

Duane,

No problem. Your existing free edition of Revolution version 2 will
continue to work forever! You can complete your project and distribute
it without any problems.

If you want to upgrade to 2.1 and can afford the $75 get the new
Express version on sale before the end of next month. You won't have
the 10 line limit of your current free version and will be able to help
save your tribe's language on your Mac and even be able to freely
distribute the application to other Mac users.

As far as Windows you could do the following...
1. You were hoping to scrape up $299 for the previous SBE version. That
is the same as 1 Mac + 1 Windows Express versions at list price. The
current sale price makes it even cheaper. All you would have to do is
find someone with a Windows computer you can install Revolution Express
on, copy over your finished stack and build it on the PC.

2. Alternatively you could partner up with a Windows purchaser of the
Express version and work together and each build the finished
standalones for distribution.

3. If your application was successful enough you could upgrade the
Express version to the Studio version. I don't believe RunRev has
posted the upgrade prices but they have been pretty close to just the
cost differences of the various versions with previous versions. If you
can swing this before the end of August then the Studio version will be
$100 cheaper than what the SBE version ever was. You would be able to
build distributions for all of the platforms from your Mac.

Bill Vlahos