Image recognition tool

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Jul 20 22:03:03 EDT 2003

Namaste, Vikram:

right:

On mouseup
   lock screen
   answer file "choose the first image"
   set the filename of image img1 to it
   answer file "choose the second image"
   set the filename of image img2 to it
if md5Digest(the imagedata of image img1) = md5Digest(the imagedata of
image img2) then answer "Match!"

--  if (the imagedata of image img1) = (the imagedata of image img2)
then answer "Match!"

end mouseUp

the latter two options return the same result. But one is not sure how
using the md5Digest at this point gets us anywhere faster.. the
overhead of loading the images into the cards is there already. I could
see possibly storing the md5Digest of all the images in a directory in
advance in a separate file (array) and then checking incoming images
against that instead of loading each of 500 images in the archive for
each incoming image....

Sivakatirswami