Basic question - how to use a variable to refer to an object (button)

Stephen King st.king42 at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 20 12:28:01 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I am sure this is a very basic question but I cannot find it anywhere..

How can I refer to a button by name using a variable?

I know I can .. ' set the property of button x to...' where x is the ID
number of the button, but I cannot seem to reference its name.
I have tried .. button quote & name & quote but this gives an error, same
with.... button variable  where variable is the name.

I'm sure its really simple but I can't find it in the electronic docs. The
card I have has rather a lot of buttons and there IDs are not in the logical
order so I can't easily use that approach (a bit of bad planning on
reflection!).

Thanks for any help
Steve King
(Newbie Home user)