Magnifier

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Jul 19 16:50:01 EDT 2003

Hi again Dar,

> Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 01:33:35 -0600
> Subject: Re: Magnifier
> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>

> How about you take a snapshot of the entire desktop when the mouse goes
> down, create the magnifying glass at the mouse, drag it around showing
> an enlargement of the snapshot at that point?  Things will be frozen,
> though.
----------
Well, I think that's how Scott's demo works, (it works well), but yet it
offers the real Desktop (or whatever is open...I tried it with my emailer
and it works fine) when you release. IOW, somehow it gives you back what's
actually there. I think while you have the mouse down, the Rev window is
active and the magnifier rect works with the screenshot as you drag it, when
you release it freezes what's in the rect and gives you back the real thing.
Press the mouse while it's in the rect of the magnifier, and it freezes the
background (because it's using the screenshot again)  and reactivates Rev
(the magnifier).

It gives the user the illusion of a DT widget, but it really just toggles
reality....I think. I haven't gone over the scripts thoroughly yet, as I
have a lot of work to do on my boat today and tomorrow in prep for hauling
out in a week or so...one of those tasks that has to be done, I can't put it
off any longer.

Thanks,
Ken N.