me - the potential buyer

curry curry at pair.com
Fri Jul 18 16:41:01 EDT 2003

>What has stopped me dead in my tracks is that I can't seem to learn the
>program. As a newcomer, I can tell you that the online help system
>stinks - not enough examples, not enough detail in the
>vocabulary/syntax areas, and a vaporware manual. Try finding how to use
>the debug feature of the program. This may sound silly to you
>experienced folks, but I'm an intelligent and capable learner, really
>working to learn the product, and it's a quagmire.

I'm not sure how much this will help, but here's a mix of what I did
when I was new to Rev, and what I additional I would suggest now:

First, look through the Development Guide: About section of Help and
read them through as you would a book chapter, also clicking on
Transcript terms you want to know more about.

Then try the Recipes--a new feature which gives examples that I think
will be really useful. Then you can see practically how some terms
are used.

Finally, when you look up a Transcript term (the one you are looking
for or another when you are still trying to find what you are looking
for) always check what's in the See Also menu. That's what proved the
most useful of all for me, even more than the development guide, to
learn more of the language. You can also go through the Dictionary
alphabetically sometimes and look for things that you still don't
know and look useful--I did that now and then too.

Hope that helps,

Curry