you - the potential buyer

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Jul 18 12:29:00 EDT 2003

Hi Ryno,

>> What has stopped me dead in my tracks is that I can't seem to learn
>> the
>> program. As a newcomer, I can tell you that the online help system
>> stinks - not enough examples, not enough detail in the
>> vocabulary/syntax areas, and a vaporware manual. Try finding how to
>> use
>> the debug feature of the program. This may sound silly to you
>> experienced folks, but I'm an intelligent and capable learner, really
>> working to learn the product, and it's a quagmire.
>
> That took a bit of guts, John. I find myself in the same position,
> well not age-wise...
> Just short of 60, I have been teaching myself Javascript (still
> learning), and Photoshop
> and Illustrator, and now the viola, and I see myself as perfectly
> intelligent,

coool, keep on learning, it will keep you alive :-)

> but there are some things I just cannot get to work. The list is
> brilliant, but it is
> a bit intimidating to ask really ground level questions, and
> particularly to ask

I cannot but to encourage you to ask, ask, ask this list as much and as
basic
questions as they appear...

Noone will point with the finger towards you and if someone does, i'd
love to
show him/her my complete collection of baseball bats :-D

(Hey, its just me, "jokeordie"-"47 and completely selftaught"-Klaus :-D)

> them over and over until you get some darn thing not just to work, but
> to sing.

I even offer you to write me offlist (like many others did before,
maybe because
of the same reasons and everytime we MADE their work sing :-) and i
will love
to helps you out or try to explain some (hard to understand) basics.

> I'm hoping revSchool might help in encouraging lots of questions,
> otherwise
> maybe some kind of list for smart dunces.

Here is a new revboard wher you can join and get help:

http://www.esashi.org/yabb/YaBB.pl

> Ryno.
> http://artistvision.org

Hope that helps.