Rev 2.02/New pricing

David Kwinter david at kwinter.ca
Fri Jul 18 01:55:01 EDT 2003

On 7/18/03 12:20 AM, "Geoff Canyon" <gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com> wrote:

> Everyone say it with me:
>
>     Hi, my name is Geoff Canyon, and I use Revolution.

Playing devil's advocate, I'd like to point out that some hard core
developers may not want to promote Revolution. Simply put, Revolution is a
very serious competitive advantage. Such programmers may only want Rev to
barely survive.

Optimistically, I can't imagine the future of AI programming without a 4GL
compiler. In fact AI is defined as 5GL. It's amazing that Rev has such
powerful information management while maintaining a nearly complete set of
hooks into industry-standard databases, protocols, media, etc.

RunRev has phenomenal potential to be the standard 4GL engine if it plays
its cards right.

Marketing is mostly up to RunRev itself, and largely doesn't exist. RR:
Start with a real book and play up to your company's name. Tout the 90% less
code 4GL vs 3GL. You've got a piece of 2025 right now, we're all believers.

David Kwinter